Monday, April 27, 2009

Artomatic!


Artomatic is a month-long art exhibit held in a different spot in DC each year. This year, May 29-July 5. I wanted to do it this year because, one, it's the 10th year anniversary of the event, two, it's in a beautiful location, and three, I have paintings. It's being held in a brand new empty 9-story office building next to Nationals Park. I got an awesome site selection time! I somehow got 3pm on Saturday and we had the choice of the 8th or 3rd floor. I chose 8th because I figured people would either start on the 9th and work their way down and that would be good whereas if they start on the 1st floor and work up, they might be burned out by the time they get to the 3rd. When I got to the 8th floor, I had my pick of anywhere! I chose a spot that faces a huge floor to ceiling window and a breath-taking view of Nationals Park and to the right, a view of July 4th fireworks. The Orientation Dude said I had the best spot because across from my wall is going to be a lounge (because of the view of the ballpark). I'm so psyched! The event is free to the public and will feature 1000 artists of all sorts. Nine floors! 55 M St, SE (Green Line, Navy Yard/Nationals Park Metro Stop).

No comments: